Discover One of the Biggest Oversights PPC Advertisers Inadvertently and Consistently make that Unnecessarily, Costs them Money, Costs them Clicks and Costs them Customers.
In the next few minutes you will discover what this mistake is, why most advertisers fall victim to it and most importantly what you can do to not be one of them.
But first of all if you are currently using PPC to advertise your products and/or services online then rest assured, you’re currently using one of the most effective and profitable means of promoting your business online ever invented . . . . and here’s why . . . .
Most PPC campaigns target keywords which gives you, the advertiser, one big advantage.
It allows you to connect with prospects that are actively searching for what you have to offer. This is important because you the advertiser need to understand this . . . .
There are usually 4 reasons why someone doesn’t buy from you.
- They don’t need it,
- They don’t want it,
- They can’t afford it, or
- They don’t trust you.
Therefore if you’re actively targeting relevant keywords related to your product and service, you’ve straight away eliminated the first 2 barriers.
In other words you’re connecting with prospects that most likely “need” your product and also “want” it.
So if you’re using a PPC campaign that targets relevant keywords, then feel good, because you are, well and truly, 100% on the right track.
So what’s the big mistake that most advertisers make that costs them money and lost customers?
Well it’s simple really. Most advertisers include mobile phones as one of the devices they target. But not only that, most advertisers don’t even realise that they are targeting mobile phones.
One of the reasons why is this . . . . inside your Adwords account there is an option that says “Devices”. Then it says “All available devices (Recommended for new advertisers)”. By leaving this on the default setting you will automatically include mobile phones as a device where your ad will be displayed.
Why is this a problem?
Well, the reality is that most advertisers use landing pages and websites that are not mobile friendly at all.
As a consequence the mobile searcher will then get a website that is,
- slow to load,
- uses up a greater proportion of their precious monthly download limit,
- is difficult to read because the text is too small, OR
- when magnified only part of the page is displayed,
- has navigation links that are too small and/or difficult to find,
- has too much information for a mobile user,
- doesn’t have an interactive map that users can use to find you when they’re on the go, and
- the list goes on and on . . . .
So what you’ll find is this. The user will simply . . . .
- click away waiting for the page to load, or
- give up in frustration because relevant information is just too hard to find, and
- then go to a competitors mobile friendly website and contact them, and
- cost the first advertiser money in a wasted click.
So what can the advertiser do about this?
- Well for starters he/she can simply change the settings in their account and just target Desktops and Laptops, or
- decide that they’re prepared to risk wasting money on “low return” clicks in the hope that all of their competition are in the same boat????
So if it’s just as easy to not target mobile phones then why would you want to bother?
Well the reason is simple. In 2012, more and more Australian internet users are now using mobile phones to search on the internet. At the moment the conservative figure is currently around 20% . . . . but for some keywords it is even higher.
But don’t take my word for it. If you advertise with Google Adwords log in to your account and test it with their keyword tool. Test your keywords for Laptops and Desktops and then test it again for mobile phones.
You do the figures, but understand these figures are only for the present day. Mobile internet usage is set to explode as we head toward 2013.
Watch this short video by Google. Yes it’s an American accent but the message is just as true for Australia if not even more so . . . .
So you can now see, into 2012, never has it been more important to have a mobile version of your main website, because
- it will allow you to compete with your competitors that do,
- will allow you to out compete your competitors that don’t,
- allow you to reach at least 20% more of your prospects without wasting your clicks, and also . . . .
as you can see from the video, connect you with more of your current customers with a medium that is far more responsive, instant and effective than email.
So what is a Mobile Friendly Website?
In a nutshell, a Mobile Friendly Website is a lightweight version of your main website. It is designed to be displayed when your main website detects it’s being accessed by a mobile phone. Your main website will then redirect to the mobile version so the mobile user gets the mobile experience and you get, the benefit of someone staying on your website and hopefully following your call to action.
It is also designed to,
- load quickly (saves time & frustration, plus uses less of their download limit),
- be easy be read when the full page width is displayed,
- be easy to navigate so the user can quickly find what they’re after,
- is created with a software language that is compatible with mobile devices (most web software is not compatible with mobiles) and
- has relevant information that is concise, straight to the point and orientated toward the habits of a mobile internet user.
PLUS it’s designed,
- to be consistent with the branding and feel of your Main Website (so as to gain trust right from the start), and to
- give the mobile user the option to view your main website, if preferred (to find out more information, if required),
- but most of all it’s designed to get you RESULTS.
So you can see, there are many advantages to having a Mobile version of your website in 2012.
Want to find out how else you can improve you PPC Campaign?
Watch the video below to discover,
- 3 Vital Essentials guaranteed to make your PPC campaign more profitable, plus
- you’ll get to see inside the analytics account of a real business website and PPC campaign that was renovated to achieve these 3 essentials.
So now after reading this article you can go away armed with enough information to dramatically improve the results of your PPC campaign.
If you would like some more information on how we can help you, either with a Mobile Friendly Website or renovating your PPC campaign then fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to arrange a Free, No Obligation Consultation.
Also Important, if you are interested in us improving the results of your PPC campaign please understand we only work with one business per competing keywords. We take what we do very seriously and understand that it’s in your best interest to outperform your keyword competitors. Therefore we only take on clients that are not in competition.
So, to get the jump on your competitors, inquire today about a Mobile Friendly Website for your PPC campaign, then you’ll be able to increase your results exponentially in 2012.
Fill in the form below and we’ll contact you to arrange a meeting.
Go ahead, fill in the form below and contact us today, because we guarantee you’ll be glad that you did.